cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leslabelle
Mentor

Factory reset when remote isn’t pairing either

Our remote kept unpairing itself. We tried everything and in the end tried a factory reset on the smart stick.

It has reset but now we’re sitting at the screen telling me how to put the batteries in the remote and pair it so I can select the language to continue but the re-pairing still isn’t working so I’m now even more stuck.

Help!!!! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Leslabelle 

You won't it is a risk to take. Best option to get a full blown Roku stick or another supported device from the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Leslabelle 

Here’s how to reset the remote:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/remote-control-troubleshooting
If that doesn’t work, and new batteries don’t work, then you likely have a now-faulty remote,

The article also explains how to use an iPhone as a remote - or you can download the Roku remote app and control the Stick that way - but I seem to recall they don’t work on a just-reset Stick. But you could try anyway.

You can’t get Now remotes or Sticks any more, except for silly money. The nearest modern-day device is a Roku Express HD,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Leslabelle
Mentor

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve read everything I can online about resetting the remote and none of them are making a difference. The green light flashes by the batteries (really rapid flashing- is this correct?) but it still doesn’t make the curser move on the screen and I’m only at the first screen where I have to select the language after the reset.

I tried downloading the apps but they didn’t seem to work either.

There are replacement remotes to buy online but if I get one how do I know if it’ll work either?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Leslabelle 

You won't it is a risk to take. Best option to get a full blown Roku stick or another supported device from the below link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

Leslabelle
Mentor

Ok, thanks gavs82008, back to the drawing board I guess. I’m just gonna have to purchase some sort of new device and crack on with that.

Really frustrating, grrrr! 🤨

Disabled-Bea
Scholar

Yes I too am frustrated with the NOW remote - not working and cannot pair with IPHONE 11...HAVE had response from NOW that no NOW DEVICES being manufactured...and suggest I try a retailer ...like who? Any advice anyone...am very disappointed to say the least as have only been with NOW 3 MONTHS and already a faulty remote device😡

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Disabled-Bea 

They haven’t been made in years to be fair. And in my opinion a very poor device. 

Best to either get an Amazon fire stick or Roku stick.

RoyB
Legend

@Disabled-Bea 

What are/were you using, exactly, that has failed within three months, as it can’t possibly be a Now device?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nitro
Scholar 3

is your stick powered by plug or usb? 

The remote connects to the device by creating its own private network, maybe your tv is too thick and can't communicate with the stick? - Can you have the stick plugged in with a HDMI extender? or can you try pairing the stick, behind the tv?