cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arron
Advocate

Connection

Hi I've just changed the password on my WiFi router and I've lost my remotes so I can't change the sticks to reconnect to the WiFi as they can't be found on the app is there a way around this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Arron 

I am assuming you have changed to a different ISP or swapped the old Router out for a new replacement.

Do you know the SSID network name and password you used on the old Router ?

Or do you still have the old Router lying around ?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Arron 

I am assuming you have changed to a different ISP or swapped the old Router out for a new replacement.

Do you know the SSID network name and password you used on the old Router ?

Or do you still have the old Router lying around ?

Arron
Advocate

Hiya no I still have the same router just changed my password to force the sign out of devices that shouldn't be on there 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Arron 

I am not sure if this will work below and is a little messy.

Do you have two Wi-Fi bands on your Router ?

If so, then go back to the previous Wi-Fi password on the Router and mobile device with the Roku App, then go into the Stick Settings under Network and reconnect.

Then change the Wi-Fi password from the Router on either 2.4ghz or 5ghz which is not used on the Stick, then go back into the Network Settings on the Stick and reconnect to the other network on your Router with the new Wi-Fi password.

Then once it connects, go back into your Router settings and change the Wi-Fi password to your new password used on the other band that was previously using the Stick.

Then change the Network and Wi-Fi password on your mobile which has the Remote Roku App on it.

Then you can either pick the 2.4ghz or 5ghz with the Stick using the new Wi-Fi password.

If you can't find the Settings section on your Stick, then from the NOW home screen keep pressing the back button on the remote until you see Settings on the left hand side of the screen.

Or perhaps get a replacement NOW remote.