cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ceera
Advocate

Confused as hell about roku and my now stick

I am logged into my now tv account on my TV using my stick. My remote broke so I downloaded the roku app to use it via my phone .

My current stick is not the original one I bought. I ordered that from the now website. My husband broke the stick and went to shop to buy me a new one. He didn't sign up or anything. I logged in with my same details and it's been fine. 

However it keeps saying when I try to add a channel off roku that my accounts don't have the same email. I am not explaining this well. Hopefully someone can help 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Ceera 

What stick did your husband buy? Is it a Now stick, that has Now written in it, or a Roku stick with the Now app on it?

Which stick did the remote break on, the old one or the new one? You seem to have something of a high casualty rate here.

If I recall correctly, though, Roku have their own logon, different from the Now one. Going to the Roku store (no matter what the Stick is branded), it is probably asking you for your Roku details, assuming you have set some up, rather than your Now details.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.