cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Classic FM/LBC on Tune In app

Has anyone had trouble with some stations with the TuneIn app on the NowTV stick. I find that certain stations such as Classic FM and LBC (both from Global Media) stop playing after about 25 seconds. Pause and restart give me about another 10 seconds, then stop. All other stations that I listen to are fine (BBC etc). I also tried my old NowTV box (black) and this has the same problem. Not sure whether to contact NowTV, Roku, or Global Media about this.  

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just tried Classic FM on my Roku Stick Plus with the same result.

Have you got any other devices with the Tunein App on other than NOW or Roku players to see if the glitch /bug is more widespread ?

If a fresh App download doesn't fix it, then if it was me i would get in touch with the App developer i.e. Tunein where there is contact details on their website.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps,

thanks for quick reply. I have tried it on iphone and Fire tablet and both seem o.k. I will try to contact Tunein about this. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you contact Tunein, mention to them it's happening on both Roku and the NOW TV devices.

Would have thought they would do some testing their end on possibly a Roku device and then if necessary they would contact Roku direct.

I have been over on the Roku Community Forum and there was a report of another live channel causing a problem.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Try myTuner, that looks to carry Classic FM along with most other stations. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @redchiz1,

thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, myTuner doesn't seem to be available in the NowTV app store. Are you using a standard Roku stick ?

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah yes, I was distracted by the mention of Roku in another post, sorry. Do bear in mind that NOW devices have never carried the full array of Roku channels.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps,

actually I had just sent message to tunein support before reading your last reply. I just said Roku. I didn't mention NowTv. Thought it might complicate things. I imagine that NowTv have their own appstore and hopefully refresh it from Roku's store on a regular basis.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps ,

I noticed that the NowTV version of tunein has the BBC radio stations. I remember these were removed from  other versions of tunein as the BBC required you to log in. Does the standard Roku version have BBC ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yep my Roku Stick Plus is showing the BBC Radio stations on the Tunein App and from my quick test BBC Radio 1 is playing fine.

The Tunein App version on my Roku Stick Plus is version 2.5 build 3 with no updates available.