From what i can see there is only subtle differences with the newer Firmware on the smart box and nothing ground breaking.
1. Under My Account to apply a voucher code now seems more simplified by an Apply voucher button.
2. The information bar when watching content with the NowTV is slightly changed, where FF and RW now shows 1 min and 2 min speed increases with a circle added showing the position of the progress bar, instead of the older 60 secs and 120 secs speed intervals with no circle.
3. On the old firmware the TV show or movie additional information was automatically shown on screen when pressing the OK or option button on the remote, with the newer Firmware there is an information (I) button to select for further addition information details.
4. When pausing a Now TV show, movie, sports, kids on a live stream the Pause, FF and RW graphics now shown on the TV screen are colour coordinated with the type of pass i.e. orange for entertainment, purple for movies, blue for sports and i am guessing red for kids.
Those are some of the changes that i have noticed, where i am sure there are more subtle differences and other improvements in the background.
Have we always had live restart when watching live TV (from the TV guide in the app) where the programme is available on demand? I didn't think we did but might just be me missing it. Not a huge amount of prgrammes where it works at the moment though.
@Anonymous User This a new feature introduced with app version 4.4. Not available on all programs though. Any program that won’t appear on catch-up until an hour or more after live proadcast won’t have it (probably). Psst... if you use the watch from the start option - no adverts.
Yesterday my Smartbox updated to version 7.7.3 build 4135-16.
I cannot see any obvious changes other than the NowTV app now being version 4.4.353
Anyone know has has changed?
Couple of things:
1) if youhave a programme paused; continue watching; and then attempt to fast forward, the programme jumps back to the point we originally paused.
2) when you turn on your NOWTV box it turns the tv on and on the correct hdmi input but it then seems to lose the signal and changes to a different hdmi input.
So not particularly useful