cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FenBoyP
Advocate

Ad free with Boost

I have Now Sports membership with Boost, which should be ad free right? But I get ads between overs and at the start, during play breaks, etc? So, thinking I may as well just cancel Boost unless there's a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

It does go on to say:

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 23.13.50.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

FenBoyP
Advocate

Thank you cor replying redchiz1, much appreciated. From the sent link, though, this is the first paragraph: 

• Ad-free streaming: Cinema, Entertainment and Sports Members can watch on-demand shows, movies and sport without ads.

And my Sports sub is not 'mobile' only.

So, nothing is stated here under that link, but on Sky/NOW live sport streams, are ads just a given, and if so, should this be stated and this feature removed as surely it is misleading?

redchiz1
Champion 2

It does go on to say:

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 23.13.50.png

Jayach
Elite 3

Ah, so no ads, except for ads for Now, and those on live channels.

So what ads don't you see?

Bit like the BBC, where you pay for a licence, but are inundated with "not ads" for BBC programs you have absolutely no interest in.

It's all a con.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@FenBoyP 

All live streams regardless of channel on NOW will have adverts. Boost just removes third party adverts from on demand content.

You will get promotional trailers for Sky/NOW content at the start and these annoyingly are NOT skippable 😡

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
FenBoyP
Advocate

Many thanks RedChiz1, yes, saw this and understand what it means now in this context, thank you (I subscribe to other sport streams that are ad free). Thanks for taking the time, appreciated