cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gimmealook
Mentor

channel 4 error 008

My channel 4 doesn't seem to be working for some reason . i have read the previous posts that say a factory reset. There is a reset button on the box that doesn't have a hole in which to put a paperclip etc. I can press it and I hear the click  and the screen goes blank then things appear again but that doesn't seem to fix i. i have done a software update too. any further advice please? i want to watch a bit of catch up tv.

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gimmealook 

Best report directly with Channel 4 to fix the app.
https://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Gimmealook
Mentor

thanks. I have messaged them. on settings there is a 'factory reset' in the advanced settings, maybe I should hit that?  I'll wait for husband to return home tomorrow and we will give it a try. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Gimmealook 

Instead of a factory reset, have you tried removing the All 4 App and re add the App again (where I am assuming it's the App and not the actual channel) if you are seeing this error code message.

Here's a similar thread below with instructions.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Box/Channel-4-app-not-working/m-p/586964#M16383 

Gimmealook
Mentor

I did see the post about removing the app. do i then go to the app store and add it again ? 

Gimmealook
Mentor

I am always a little hesitant at messing with apps etc. i normally leave that for the other half but I removed it and added it and it appears to have worked.    thanks for your help

RoyB
Legend

@Gimmealook 

Pressing the Reset button for about 5 seconds just restarts the device.

For a Factory Reaet, press it and hold it in for at least 15 seconds.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.