cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trev
Advocate

Plz help me with setup

I have tried to reset my now tv but it has stuck on a screen with a picture of a remote asking to press a button on my remote where the batteries are which mine doesn't have and now I'm stuck with that screen and no idea what to do I'm going insane 😐 plz help someone 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Trev 

Sorry what do you mean by the batteries aren't yours? Are you meaning the remote is not the same one that you bought with the box?

You can do a factory reset without using the remote. Which should then prompt a reconnection of the remote.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Trev 

What Now device, precisely, is involved here?

It does seem that you have got to a screen relating to the advanced remote you get with the Now Stick, whereas you probably have the simpler remote that came with a Now box (possibly the device you are talking about).

That doesn’t need pairing, though it may be useful to remove the batteries, wait two minutes, and then reinsert them.

After which, unless it is the wrong remote for the Now device, you should just be able to point it at the device and press OK, and have it carry on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Has the device and remote you are using worked together up till now?

As @RoyB says, it does appear you have the wrong remote for your device, if it doesn't have the button,