cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liamo
Advocate

Now tv black box black screen

We have two now tv boxes, 4200sk models. Both were working fine up to last week when we changed our wifi password, after putting in the new password both boxes go to a black screen and the white light blinks twice on the front of both boxes.

We tried resetting and using ethernet cables but the same thing happens, as soon as we enter the password the box restarts, the now splash screen pops up, the screen goes black and thats it.

8 REPLIES 8
Nitro
Scholar 3

Try new HDMI cables. Changing your wifi password has zero correlation to the display onscreen.

liamo
Advocate

Tried new HDMI lead but no difference. 

Nitro
Scholar 3

Just googled the device - they're 9 years old! Time to upgrade, i suggest Apple TV! 🙂 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @liamo 

I am surprised both boxes on two different TV's are showing the same symptoms.

Do you have Mobile internet data on your smartphone? 

If so to eliminate your Router and Router ISP address out of the equation, try a temporary test by using your smartphone with internet data to wifi hotspot to one of your NOW boxes has a quick test to see if you can get the NOW box working again.

liamo
Advocate

Good thinking. I tried it but no luck. Time for new boxes I think.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @liamo 

When you mentioned resetting the NOW Box, was that a factory reset or just a power reboot?

liamo
Advocate

Reset using the pin hole in the back.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @liamo 

Bit of a long of shot, can you access the box settings without the screen going blank before you access the wi-fi password on the box ?

If so go into the box settings and under the Display section change to 720p to see if the box will then allow you to access the wi-fi password and then work.

Apart from that I am out of ideas.