cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frankie
Advocate

Disney+

I have been given 12 moths of Disney+ through my bank. I am unable to get it on my nowtv  roku box, do I have to buy another box?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@frankie 

From memory the older NOW and Roku devices became unsupported. So yes you would need to buy a new device. 

So you know that NOW no longer make or sell their own devices, so I would suggest Roku or Amazon fire stick. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@frankie 

From memory the older NOW and Roku devices became unsupported. So yes you would need to buy a new device. 

So you know that NOW no longer make or sell their own devices, so I would suggest Roku or Amazon fire stick. 

frankie
Advocate

@gavs82008 I have just checked up on my tv, it only has one HDMI port and that has my NOWTV plugged in, my tv is a few years old so really I am back to square one.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@frankie 

If you buy a new device this could fully replace the current NOW box and it’ll give you a bit of future proofing.

frankie
Advocate

Thank you

frankie
Advocate

@gavs82008 Just realised I can replace my now tv box as by the looks of things other firms make replacement that work for now tv. I learn slowly.😀

RoyB
Legend

@frankie 

The one relatively recent Now box that has lost Disney+ is the one that also has a TV tuner. An up-to-date replacement device won’t have this. So check that you can still get the TV channels that you want from the actual TV you are using,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.