cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Why9
Mentor

Cordless phone interference

Hi

I have a cordless phone that runs between 1.88GHz and 1.90GHz and this interferers with my broadband when the phone is in use.  I think the NOWTV hub runs on 2.4GHz so I can't understand why I get inference and lose broadband connection when the cordless phone is in use.

Any suggestions please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Why9
Mentor

Thank you for the suggestion RoyB - this worked. 😁

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Why9 

Do you have a NOW Hub 2 Router where it also offers 5ghz over wifi and you could disable 2.4ghz on the Router Settings.

If you need 2.4ghz also then try a different wifi channel on the NOW Router.

How far apart is the cordless phone base station and Router ?

If they are close can they be moved further apart from each other ?

Why9
Mentor
I have the older router and have tried the phone at the other end of the
house and it still interfere with the broadband.
How do I change the frequency?
RoyB
Legend

@Why9 

Is it a DECT phone, or something from before that standard was finalised?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Why9
Mentor
Yes, it is a DECT phone.
RoyB
Legend

@Why9 

I think you have an unfiltered Master Socket, and so you need to use an ADSL filter (microfilter) with each phone you have plugged into your telephone wiring, as per the top line here:-

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/why-do-i-need-adsl-filters--microfilters--and-where-do-they-go-

The interference is not WiFi-borne, it’s in the telephone wiring.

If it looks you already have all the necessary microfilters, though, then one or more have gone bad, and need replacing. This is not an unknown occurrence 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Why9
Mentor
Thank you. I shall try it.
Why9
Mentor

Thank you for the suggestion RoyB - this worked. 😁