cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kostas
Advocate

Broadband cancellation mistake

Dear Forum Members,

I hope this post finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a distressing situation I recently encountered with Now broadband, which has resulted in the sudden cancellation of my broadband services. I am seeking advice and support on how to rectify this issue promptly, as I heavily rely on a stable internet connection for my work-from-home activities.

To provide some context, I am a homeowner and have been a loyal customer of Now broadband for several years. However, I recently received a letter from Now broadband stating that my broadband services were to be cancelled due to the arrival of a new occupant in my house. This information came as a shock to me because I have no intentions of moving out of my house in the near future.

Upon receiving this notice, I promptly contacted Now broadband not once, but twice, to rectify this mistake. During both calls, I emphasized my ownership of the property and explained that the new occupant they referred to must have been a new neighbor who recently moved in across the street. On both occasions, Now broadband assured me that they would cancel the cancellation and that the matter had been escalated for resolution.

Regrettably, despite their assurances, my broadband services have been terminated, leaving me without any internet connectivity. I was further informed that it would take approximately 14 days for my services to be reinstated, which is highly inconvenient for me, given my reliance on a stable internet connection for work purposes.

Considering the urgency of the situation, I kindly request your valuable advice and guidance on how to proceed. I am desperate to resume my online activities as soon as possible and would greatly appreciate any suggestions or recommendations you may have. I believe Now broadband should take immediate action to rectify their mistake and expedite the process of restoring my broadband services without further delay.

Once again, I am reaching out to this esteemed community for assistance in navigating this unfortunate situation. Any insights or experiences shared would be invaluable in helping me resolve this matter swiftly and effectively. I look forward to your kind support and guidance.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,
Konstantinos 

2 REPLIES 2
redchiz1
Champion 2

It looks like NOW messed up with another party seeking a service and mixed up your addresses. Sadly, there is little we can do here as we are all just customers like you. I would get onto NOW directly and complain in the strongest terms, call them on 0800 759 1213.

RoyB
Legend

@Kostas 

Use your mobile phone as a WiFi hotspot during the outage; the automatic compensation that OfCom mandate that Now needs to pay you for the service interruption should more than cover this, though check your phone tariff and adjust it if you don’t currently have enough data.

You might also want to ask Now for a goodwill payment as compensation for their mistake.

You might also want to wonder, going forward, if saving a few quid each month on your broadband is worth contretemps like these; Now only offer domestic broadband on Openreach’s second-tier SLA, even when they aren’t cocking up the service for you, and WFH really demands a little more than that.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.