cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lose of Now TV live channels & catch up

On Friday evening my Now TV channels and Now TV catch up stopped working, i can still watch itv hub, All 4, Demand 5, YouTube AND Sky News (through the app), on Sunday evening everything had started working properly again, yet here i am on Monday morning and they are not loading again, can anyone help please?
9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Welcome to the forum. Is it you can't browse for content in the NOW TV app, or is it you can start to play something but it doesn't play properly?

Can you also confirm if you are definitely using the white box or is is the black box (with white logo on top) or black Smart Box (with blue logo on top), which ISP you are with, and what software version you are on (on your box go to Settings > System > About to check).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Andy, it is the black smart box with blue logo, i cannot access the app, i have 'spoken' to 6 people via live chat, i was told someone from tech would email me within 24-48 hours, it is now 43 hours later and nothing
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I forgot to mention, when i press the Now TV app i then get the Now TV logo, then i get the four spinning coloured circles and that is it
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

You can try reading through this thread and trying some of the suggestions to see if they work, it may be the issue you are getting although can't be sure

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/Now-TV-Smart-Box-NowTV-App-after-Update/m-p/460389#M5384

If you want to try a forced software update to see if it helps then do the following:

Press Home on the remote to take you to the home screen. Then do the following sequence on your remote quickly and smoothly
Home (x5) FF (x3) REW (x2)

If done correctly a Secret Screen will appear (if it doesn't, press Home to go back to the start and then try again). Choose Update software and allow it to run (even if it reports the same version as you already have).

A factory reset is a more drastic option as you have to set up your wifi details, enter NOW TV details and tune channels again from scratch, so I suggest you try other things first but if you want to try you'll  find the option under Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset (and then enter the code shown on screen to confirm)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did the software update like you suggested Andy, i have also done a factory reset 5 times over the weekend, i am now going to try what others suggested and turn of my router for 20 minutes and see what happens, i will update you, and thank you very much for your help ☺
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Good luck, I'llbring the other thread to the attention of the NOW TV Team to see if they can investigate as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that did not work, the Now TV team have been unable to help
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User One of the NOW TV Team has passed on the other thread to be looked at, you'll be subscribed to that thread now you've posted a message there so any updates you should receive an email notification.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you once again Andy, have a vey good week friend ☺