cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pier
Mentor

unexpected error

Hello, for some time I have encountered an issue where, during login, it says: unexpected error. An error occurred. Please try again. This problem is present on iPhone 14. Has anyone experienced similar issues? Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @pier 

A few BT TV customers who subscribe through BT with their NOW Memberships was getting this particular error message on Apple IOS devices.

Reading a few tweets over on NOW Twitter (X) Help, NOW replied that a new NOW App software patch needs to be rolled out to fix this issue.

I don't own an iOS device, so not sure if this has been fixed, but haven't seen a new reported issues recently with the NOW App on iOS given the " unexpected error message".

I am assuming you have tried a fresh NOW App and full power down on your iOS device before logging back into the NOW App? 

pier
Mentor

Of course, but the issue persists. Additionally, I am not a BT customer, and I am not familiar with it.

Nitro
Scholar 3

I used to get that issue when the device drops from wifi to 4G, is your wifi weak or strong?

pier
Mentor

My connection is good. I'm desperate.

Nitro
Scholar 3

If this issue is occurs during the login stage - what i would do is sign in on the web, use the option to sign out of all devices, reset password and then log in via iOS.

Make sure you have the latest iOS 17 as well.

pier
Mentor

It doesn't work.

Nitro
Scholar 3

When you log in via the web browser, can you play out?

RoyB
Legend

@pier 

I presume your version of iOS on this iPhone is fully up to date?

Other than that, this issue has been linked to Private Relay on iPhones. If you have that, can you try turning it off?

No guarantees, but it has worked for some, though not for others,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
pier
Mentor

I don't have the cloud+ plan