cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMTDave
Mentor

Download F1

Hello All, this is my first post on here, I am trying to find out if I can set F1 to download, Las Vegas Grand Prix I believe is live at 04:30 (UK time) on Sunday 19th November, can i download to a USB and watch later ? if so can someone send step by step guide of how to please ? thank you so much

10 REPLIES 10
RoyB
Legend

@DMTDave 

It can’t be done, alas.

The only way to record the F1 is to have BT Broadband, and get your Sports via a BT TV subscription, whereupon you can record the F1 from the extra IP channels carrying the Now live streams provided by BT TV, on the Pro recording YouView box that BT would provide you with as part of a BT TV subscription.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DMTDave 

There is a full live repeat broadcast again at 9.30am and 3.25am on the live Sky Sports F1 channel if you can't watch at 4.30am early hours of Sunday morning.

You could also watch the full race on catch up but that will take over 24hours to be added to the NOW on Demand Sports service.

DMTDave
Mentor

Hello Guy's thank you for your advice

@ schnapps, i normally pay for 24 hour on now tv, so I can pay for it on Sunday morning UK time for example at 08:30, then i can watch it at 09:30 ?, sorry for being naive do i just scroll to Sky F1 then go back to teh 04:30 live schedule or will it be relisted to watch again at 09:30 ?

Would totally appreciate a step guide please 🙂

ie 1 login / 2 go to Sky guide / 3 etc etc..

again sorry for being naive 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DMTDave 

Once you start watching any of the Sports content on your paid Day Sports Membership purchase you have exactly 24 hours to watch everything you want to view.

So for example if you want to watch the repeat live broadcast of the Las Vegas race at say 9.30am on Sunday morning, then if it was me start the Day Sports Membership by logging into the NOW App on your playback device starting watching something at around 9am to 9.15am (maybe not the F1 channel, but another Sports channel) to give you some grace if you have any problems logging into your account on your playback device or there is any issues with your Day Sports Membership or NOW App.

To reach the live Sky Sports F1 channel you need to go into the NOW App on your playback device and go to the Sports live TV Guide section.

Maybe before buying the Day Sports Membership, get familiar with the NOW layout and find the TV Sports Guide or live Sports grid row (you can navigate around the NOW App without the need of buying a TV Membership just to familiarise where everything is).

On most devices on the very top line where you see the gear wheel icon there should be a section saying TV Guide.

Or alternatively get to the Sports section and find the grid row that says "live Sports".

I am going to watch the race myself at the 9.30am repeat time from the live TV Guide on the NOW App.

The only thing that might happen if the race is delayed for a major incident or extremely bad weather a delay to the race which will have a knock on effect to when the race repeat broadcast time happens.

This happened twice for the Japanese F1 races over the last two or three years and because i tuned in on the TV Guide making sure I didn't go on the internet, I caught the end of the actual race after talk commentary and found out the result which spoilt it a bit (not Sky's fault) before the delayed repeat broadcast aired.

Hopefully this will not be the case for the Las Vegas F1 race and everything will go smoothly with no major incidents or weather delays to effect the scheduled TV Guide for the day.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

That is 3.25pm and not 3.25am (typo on my part).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just looking at the TV Guide for Sky Sports F1 and there is a third repeat broadcast of the race also at 9.25pm on Sunday evening.

DMTDave
Mentor

schnapps, thank you so much, are you able to send a https link to the guide you found and can i see that on my PC ? i will save the link if there is

again totally appreciate your help 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps wrote:

Just looking at the TV Guide for Sky Sports F1 and there is a third repeat broadcast of the race also at 9.25pm on Sunday evening.

Should anybody else stumble on this thread, it looks like the Sky TV Guide for Sunday since my previous post with regards to one of the repeat broadcasts times has changed from 9.25pm to a revised earlier time of 8pm should somebody wish to watch a live repeat on Sunday evening.

This is according to the Sky Plus App on my tablet.

Might be worth checking the Sky TV Guide during the course of Sunday for any further changes to the time schedule for the repeated broadcast of the race.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DMTDave 

I don't use a PC myself, but see if this link below takes you either directly to the NOW Sports live TV Guide or to your internet browser search results (for me it was the top result on my Chrome browser when I clicked on the link).

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/watch/sports/watch-live 

Once you reach the Sports live now and next TV Guide it should look something like this screenshot below.

The live Sky Sports F1 channel is below Sky Sports Golf which my screenshot doesn't show.

Screenshot_20231113-094945_Samsung Internet.jpg