cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

does anyone else agree taking the Kids TV out of the Entertainment pack is a charge more?

I feel cheated - I used to pay £6.99 for the entertainment pack (actually, with the cheaper card vouchers, 3 months at a time) which included Entertainment and the Kids channels - now stripping out the Kids channels means my Entertainment passes are devalued and I have to pay another £2.99 per month for my son to watch the channels he wants.

Who agrees?

12 REPLIES 12
Legend 5
Legend 5

It is a matter of perspective. As someone without kids I was previously paying for 3 channels I did not use. The new kids pass does include channels that were not previously available.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 @Anonymous User

I don't have kids but feel it's an extra charge in general.  Unfortunately I didn't watch the kids channels and don't watch the replacements! Whatever happened to this dodgy looking Vice channel?

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch. We appreciate that any major change we make at NOW TV may not be received brilliantly by everyone (although we try!) and love to hear your viewpoint.

We hope it's clear that the new Kids Pass has lots to offer. Where before we had just 3 dedicated kids channels, we now have 6 live channels and several on demand channel sections. We added thousands of episodes for children of all ages to enjoy. Are there any shows specifically you'd want to add?

Regarding the Entertainment Pass, we think it's still great value - especially as we added the NatGeoWild channel (with VICELAND due to appear next month) and provided hundreds more hours of Box Sets than were previously available, including the new All4 section.

We do hope all this new content has been enjoyable, but if you ever feel you're missing something, just give us a shout and we'll have a look for you.

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh so we're still getting VicelandSmiley Surprised

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Oh so we're still getting VicelandSmiley Surprised

Please... Nooooooooooooo!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I feel cheated - I used to pay £6.99 for the entertainment pack (actually, with the cheaper card vouchers, 3 months at a time) which included Entertainment and the Kids channels - now stripping out the Kids channels means my Entertainment passes are devalued and I have to pay another £2.99 per month for my son to watch the channels he wants.

Who agrees?

I used to hate the kids channels on Virgin with their focused advertising and the stroppy pre-teens like Hannah Montana et al who made my daughter think that was the way to behave.  I decided to get us down to the most basic package with just CBBC (sadly with the equally stroppy Tracy Beaker) and CBeebies and didn't have one complaint except when we turned off the TV.   So the simple solution is don't get the Kids package, plenty of stuff on Freeview/iPlayer. 

As for entertainment, I can honestly say that if it wasn't for the Sky Atlantic shows, I'd not bother with that either.  I am on a hiatus right now waiting for the Vinyl re-run.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bet a million pound the channel will get an Ofcom investigation within it's first week.
Legend 5
Legend 5

I have no idea why anyone in their right mind at Now thinks Viceland is a good addition. It is dumbing down the content. Given you can get full Virgin Multi room for £6:50 (£11 for TiVo) makes you wonder if extra rubbish makes full price Ent pass worth the price. Movies are definitely worth having.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Given that reality shows regularly dominate the most popular section of the ents pass, I'd say NOW are probably quite canny in getting the channel. Of course if the price doesn't increase then there's little point complaining - it's just another channel that I don't watch to add to the other channels that I don't watch.

If we end up paying an extra quid a month and only get Viceland to show for it, then it wouldn't go down as well with me, but then again the voucher prices are tied to nice round numbers so I imagine you'd still get current prices of £5pm by sticking to vouchers.