cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tompo8906
Advocate

Live tv.

I'm new to NOWtv and can not watch live shows such as bbc1 etc. When I try to search for channels I just get the pop up message that says I have no signal. Am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tompo8906 

What device are you using? 

As NOW do have their own devices they are no longer being made. 
What you have to bear in mind is that on the NOW app you don’t get the Freeview channels.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tompo8906 

What device are you using? 

As NOW do have their own devices they are no longer being made. 
What you have to bear in mind is that on the NOW app you don’t get the Freeview channels.

Tompo8906
Advocate

I have a toshiba smart TV if that helps? It has free view built into it and also prime video and Netflix.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tompo8906 

That has nothing to do with NOW.

To watch live Freeview you will need to plug in the aerial connection or use the iPlayer, ITV hub etc apps. Through NOW you will only get the channels that are part of the relevant memberships to watch live.

RoyB
Legend

@Tompo8906 

Toshiba TVs have only just got the Now app, if they run Android 8 or later, so you may have to download this from the App Store on your TV.

As @gavs82008 says, tuning the live channels requires you to connect a terrestrial aerial (usually via a lead from a TV socket on the wall, connected to an aerial in your loft or on your roof, or maybe a communal aerial), and is nothing to do with Now.

We have a TV in our utility room where there is no aerial socket (you can tell whoever designed this never envisaged how boring doing the ironing can be without some entertainment ), and no prospect of using an indoor aerial, 

So here, we watch entirely via apps; we can watch most channels live, but it is tiresome hopping from app to app just to change ‘channels’, and the apps’ promises that you only ever have to log in once are empty.

Loading Now, we can switch from Sky channel to Sky channel easily enough; but unlike Sky itself, you don’t get any live channels other than the Sky ones on Now,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.