cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vanessa97
Advocate

The Good Doctor Season 3 EXPIRY

Hello people of the UK. I was wondering if anyone else is getting the message on 'The Good Doctor - Season 3' advising the episodes will expire on the 13th October 2023? It appears to only be on this season for me. Is anyone else getting this and/or does anybody know why this is? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Vanessa97 

The seasons expiry dates can vary from season to season where Sky / NOW have a fixed time agreement in place with the studio rights holder when they buy the licence rights on how long they can stream the season in question.

According to the NOW App on my Android phone (see screen shot below) it seems that Season 3 of The Good Doctor has been renewed and when it expires on the 13th of October will return back on the 14th of October.

The screen shot below only shows Season 3 Ep1 available from the 14th of October, where from my experience this is an indicator that it will be the complete Season 3 series returning on the 14th of October.

Screenshot_2023-10-04-07-59-48-621_com.bskyb.nowtv.beta.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Vanessa97 

The seasons expiry dates can vary from season to season where Sky / NOW have a fixed time agreement in place with the studio rights holder when they buy the licence rights on how long they can stream the season in question.

According to the NOW App on my Android phone (see screen shot below) it seems that Season 3 of The Good Doctor has been renewed and when it expires on the 13th of October will return back on the 14th of October.

The screen shot below only shows Season 3 Ep1 available from the 14th of October, where from my experience this is an indicator that it will be the complete Season 3 series returning on the 14th of October.

Screenshot_2023-10-04-07-59-48-621_com.bskyb.nowtv.beta.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Vanessa97 

Just had another look at my NOW App on my Android phone and Season 6 of The Good Doctor is about to expire in 14 days time.

Because this is the newest Season there is no current return date showing on my Android phone NOW App, so at the moment this might suggest that Season 6 will not be returning straight away and you might have to wait a little longer for Season 6 to return to the NOW service.

If you use Twitter (X) maybe ask the NOW Help Team if they know if Season 6 has been renewed and is there a return date scheduled yet.

Or perhaps drop NOW an email asking the question with regards to Season 6.