cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TinySubtitles
Mentor

Subtitles too small to read

There's no obvious way to change them in the app; changing Android settings makes no difference. They're so small they're unreadable. No other streaming app has this issue. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this or whether it's likely to get fixed? It might be phone-specific. If so, how do I report it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TinySubtitles 

See if this linked thread below helps.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Subtitle-size-on-Google-Pixel-6/td-p/603736 

I have a different Android phone discussed in the thread above (Xiaomi redmi note 12) and it also has the option to change caption style 'Set by App".

I haven't tried the above though to see if the suggestion in the linked thread above works (hopefully it will if you can find this caption setting on your particular Android phone and try it on the NOW App when watching your TV Membership).

Let us know if your phone has this caption feature and if you can change the size of captions when watching NOW or not by following the helpful solution in the link thread above.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TinySubtitles 

See if this linked thread below helps.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Mobile/Subtitle-size-on-Google-Pixel-6/td-p/603736 

I have a different Android phone discussed in the thread above (Xiaomi redmi note 12) and it also has the option to change caption style 'Set by App".

I haven't tried the above though to see if the suggestion in the linked thread above works (hopefully it will if you can find this caption setting on your particular Android phone and try it on the NOW App when watching your TV Membership).

Let us know if your phone has this caption feature and if you can change the size of captions when watching NOW or not by following the helpful solution in the link thread above.

TinySubtitles
Mentor

Hey @schnapps, thanks for getting back to me. I did try looking for that setting again on my phone and still couldn't find it. As I did that though, I spotted something I hadn't yet tried (because it made no intuitive sense)...

I switched the native captions setting to 'off' and that's fixed the issue. Accessibility features > Accessibility > Captions

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @TinySubtitles 

Glad you got it sorted.

Out of curiosity what make Android phone do you own (would it be a Samsung?).

TinySubtitles
Mentor
Huawei P30 pro