Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mackem1966
Scholar

Streaming Limit

Hi

Really sick of this streaming limit.

I know i can only watch one 1 device without boost but why does it take so long to recognise the stream has been stopped on a device before i can watch on another device.

I was watching the Man City v Arsenal match and then turned it off 5 minutes before leaving the house, also turning the dell pc off it was being watched on.

In the car i used now tv on my phone but for the next 10 minutes i constantly got the streaming limit message thereby refusing me a chance to continue watching the match.

So 15 minutes after the stream was turned off at home i was still being refused the chance to watch a match i have legally paid for !

No wonder people go the illegal route if this is how honest customers are being treat.

In this day and age surely Now could detect if a stream has been stopped thereby allowing another device to be streamed on, but this has happened twice in 3 days and if it happens a 3rd time i will just cancel my subscription.😡

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@mackem1966 

IMG_1345.jpeg

Now TV app on Windows 10. Firefox browser as it happens, though it should be the same in any browser.

See the X top left? Click that. That will stop the stream, and tell Now immediately that you have stopped the stream, so you can watch instantly on another device.

No need to shut down Windows, No need to close the browser. No need even to close the tab.

You can if you wish, but you needn’t. But do any of those supposedly more drastic Closes without first doing the ‘X’ Close, and you will be doomed to the 10-15 minute wait.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

@mackem1966 

You can't just turn the stream "off" you need to exit the player/app completely by going back until you get an exit prompt, or similar. Otherwise you will see the delay that you mention as the servers only check on which devices are connected every 10-15 minutes or so. 

mackem1966
Scholar

@redchiz1  Thanks that was a great solution !

mackem1966
Scholar

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I watch via the website nowtv.com on a windows 10 Pc. All i can do is close the tab and then the close chrome browser down and turn off the Pc. I even took the power cable out the back to see if that helped. I have never seen an "exit" option on this way of watching though so maybe its just the app ?  

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@mackem1966 

You click back on the browser, not sure why you would need to close the tab? Have a full read of this to explain how it all works which echos what @redchiz1 says.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/managing-my-devices

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
mackem1966
Scholar

@gavs82008  Thanks that worked perfectly 

RoyB
Legend

@mackem1966 

IMG_1345.jpeg

Now TV app on Windows 10. Firefox browser as it happens, though it should be the same in any browser.

See the X top left? Click that. That will stop the stream, and tell Now immediately that you have stopped the stream, so you can watch instantly on another device.

No need to shut down Windows, No need to close the browser. No need even to close the tab.

You can if you wish, but you needn’t. But do any of those supposedly more drastic Closes without first doing the ‘X’ Close, and you will be doomed to the 10-15 minute wait.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
mackem1966
Scholar

@RoyB Thanks Roy will try that tonight !

RoyB
Legend

@mackem1966 

🤞

mackem1966
Scholar

Hi  Was watching Ipswich match just now and when it finished on my tablet i pressed the back arrow in the top left corner and then went to my laptop to watch the Leeds match starting soon and the stream started instantly ! So thanks to all for your help it solved the problem and was very valuable to me as i would have left Now tv ! Thanks and thanks again !