cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mossanimals
Mentor

Someone else is using my account?

I woke up, turned on my TV, saw I had an episode of a TV show to watch in my 'continue watching' and when it finished less than an hour later there was a whole mess of shows and movies in my continue watching. I checked my devices in my account and my TV and smart stick is the only one that's recently been active so what on earth is happening?

38 REPLIES 38
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mossanimals 

Must be a glitch on the NOW system, where I am also seeing tons of stuff under My Continue Watching section that I have never seen before.

Plus the content that is usually on my Continue Watching section is now lost.

Plus there is also stuff on my Watchlist that I have never added and the TV shows and movies that was on my Watchlist last night has disappeared.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mossanimals 

It looks to me that NOW somehow have managed to add somebody else's Continue Watching and Watchlist stuff into my account.

Unless we are all seeing the same exact content.

Here's what I am seeing in the screenshots below (don't know if you are seeing exactly the same or different content) ?

Screenshot_20230314-102729_NOW.jpg

Screenshot_20230314-102745_NOW.jpg

mossanimals
Mentor

For me it's:
The Flash
Black Hawk Down
Jurassic World
A League of their own
Bullet Train
Downton Abbey
Below Deck
South Park
Ace Ventura 
The Bad Guys

All added within the hour I was watching something else.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mossanimals 

It looks like a glitch, where for me it's randomly refreshing my Continue Watching and Watchlist section on my account with content that is not associated to my account.

I don't know at the moment if only a few of us are noticing this and it's not widespread (haven't seen anything reported yet over on NOW Twitter).

I have made the Community Manager aware of this thread so he can pass onto the relevant NOW Dept to investigate further.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

The content currently in my Continue Watching and Watchlist section has refreshed again and is now totally different to the two screen shots above.

Where there is nothing relevant to what I have been viewing.

Screenshot_20230314-111938_NOW.jpg

Screenshot_20230314-111954_NOW.jpg

mossanimals
Mentor

My 'continue watching' has now completely disappeared but I now have "Because you watched: Funny Woman" and a bunch of random recommendations. I've never watched 'Funny Woman'.

DEVONPRINCESS
Scholar

I’ve just had this. It was all programmes I haven’t watched. Mostly Indiana Jones and other men’s stuff. I changed my password on now tv and signed in with new password and it’s fixed it. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mossanimals 

My Continue Watching section has completely changed again with different TV shows and movies for the umpteen time.

Hopefully the glitch will be sorted by NOW and I am confident to say that I don't believe anybody else is using our accounts, just something weird NOW end that is affecting Continue Watching and Watchlist for both of us (perhaps more than just us two and it hasn't been reported yet by more people).

mossanimals
Mentor

Yeah, I wish I could change the title of this thread. There's clearly no one else using my account after I checked my devices but definitely something wrong on NOW's end.