cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KrisOne
Mentor

NowTV app on the Xbox Series X genuinely unusable

I'm struggling to understand it. The TV is set up perfectly, console is taken care of, I have no picture issues with anything else and never have. Wired connection, 580 down any time and any day of the week.

Every minute or two, the picture on the app drops to the level where it's impossible to make anything out. This goes on for about twenty to thirty seconds, and the cycle restarts. I can't use it on my Series X, I have to use it on my laptop instead. The thread title isn't being dramatic, it's literal.

If it helps any, I've got Boost set up on my account too.

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KrisOne 

Have you deleted and reinstalled the app?

Unplugged your router for a few minutes?

Report to staff via live chat. Make sure to click the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down when signed in.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
KrisOne
Mentor

@gavs82008 

All done, those were the first things I did. I don't know how many times I've done either/both, but I'd probably say we are into the dozens now. That's not the issue in my mind anyway, both my console and router are really well-maintained.

Think I'll go through live chat. Thanks!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @KrisOne 

I don't own an Xbox or any games console, but if you haven't tried it already perhaps try a third party DNS on your Xbox such has Google Public DNS for example (even if your laptop plays fine with the NOW service).

Should it not help, then just revert back to the DNS you was previously using on the Xbox.

KrisOne
Mentor

@schnapps 

Thank you too for the suggestion. Just to let you know, I've done the two things independently, setting Googles' public DNS and reverting to stock port forwarding. Neither improved the situation.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @KrisOne 

I doubt this will be relevant in your particular case, but I have come across before poor NOW streaming over Ethernet on the NOW branded streaming boxes with the NOW service and temporary switching over to wifi in the NOW streaming box settings for a couple of minutes and then back to Ethernet connection fixed it for a small number of people.

Might be worth a try it you haven't tried already.

Doing a quick search on the Community Forum, there is a few threads about poor picture quality on the Xbox when using the NOW App (I couldn't see any obvious solution from quickly reading some of the threads).