cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Golden-Globes
Advocate

NOW is horrible

It's the worst streaming service ever. Stop lying to your customers about what is on it and stop being genuinely the most annoying website to ever exist. Why on earth do I need a seperate application to open a show when I want to watch something. When i'm done with watching, my computer looks like someone has just vomited on it due to the amount of tabs I have open. NOW SUCKS, I want a refund.

10 REPLIES 10
Golden-Globes
Advocate

It's the worst streaming service ever. Stop lying to your customers about what is on it and stop being genuinely the most annoying website to ever exist. Why on earth do I need a seperate application to open a show when I want to watch something. When i'm done with watching, my computer looks like someone has just vomited on it due to the amount of tabs I have open. NOW SUCKS, I want a refund.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Golden-Globes 

Posting it twice wont get your refund. In fact posting in general wont give you the refund. 

For any change of refund you must speak to staff directly. Which can be via live chat by clicking "chat online" within the green box, don't hit "get help quicker" as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Golden-Globes 

We (being your fellow-customers, who almost by definition won’t be here if they had the experience you describe) heard you the first time.

Lying about what is on it? Can you give a few examples to support this potentially libellous claim?

And while the website has a few shortcomings, they are minor, and would hardly turn me into a seething ball of fury. Again, can you list anything concrete?

I’m guessing you are trying to watch on a laptop? This is indeed the worst Now experience out there; but that the Player is a separate app reflects Now’s obligations to various third party content providers to keep their content secure against copying, which they can’t do in the browser that serves as the marketplace.

Try Now as a native app on a TV, or via a Roku or Amazon device, and you will see what I mean.

If you need more than one tab open for Now, though, you are doing it wrong, and if it looks like vomit, perhaps you should amend your colour scheme?

Finally, Now offer a 7-day free trial of all its memberships except Sport; 7 days should have been well long enough for you to determine if Now suited you or not. Why pay upfront; use a free trial, and you have no need to want a refund?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Wojciech
Observer

I just paid 26 pounds to watch live tennis, but there is no live tennis as they advertised. No one to explain why, phone disconnected every time I try to call.

mackem1966
Mentor

Hi RoyB

Can you point me toward these 7 day trials ? I can see one for Hayu but nothing else has a trial as far as i can see ?

Thanks for any help ! 👍

redchiz1
Champion 2

I think @RoyB may be thinking back to a previous era. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 @Golden-Globes 

Indeed I was - Now changed the rules, and I never got the memo 😢

I hope that Now are going to ameliorate this regrettable backward step by taking a softer line with those who start a Cinema or Entertainment membership, and then hit one of the gotchas that a free trial would have brought to light, that means Now isn’t suitable for them

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Wojciech
Observer

It’s nightmare, I just pay to watch live tennis, but can’t , contact number disconnect every time I try, online experts ask for money, no one to explain what is going on. 26 pounds spend for nothing.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Wojciech 

That’s cause NOW do NOT offer phone support for TV customers, only for broadband. You want to speak to staff via live chat.

Make sure you are signed in and using the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down for live chat.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/feedback-complaints

Also considering you came across this thread, you’ll noticed my post from 14:03 on the 11/01/2023. This will explain fully another way of getting in touch. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help