cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huxley123
Scholar 2

Murderland on STV Player

On my black NOW TV set top box, using the STV Player app, 'Murderland' won't play.

I get as far as loading an episode, it shows the duration bar but no picture, just the spinning wheel.

Other programmes work OK.

I checked on a Windows PC and it works OK there, so this seems specific to the NOW TV app.

STV say they can't replicate the problem.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123 

Have you 

• Tried deleting and reinstalling the app?
  • Unplugged both your router and set up box for a few minutes?
  • Made sure the box fully updated with latest software?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-box-stick

Worst case, set it back to factory settings.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
huxley123
Scholar 2

I've unloaded, reloaded, rebooted, updated etc. but don't want to do a hard reset and lose all my configuration just yet, as it looks more likely to be a content problem, and am trying to see if anyone else has the same problem first.

huxley123
Scholar 2

STV say they can't help.

It's a weird one, the fact that it only happens on one programme would normally point to STV content problems but they're saying the can't replicate the problem.

What would help is someone with the same box checking to see if the same happens for them.

Model: 4200SK (black set-top box)
Software 11.5.3 build 4077

STV app. v5.2

redchiz1
Champion 2

Have you checked to see if it is available on the STV player on other devices e.g. a smartphone?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Pretty sure the user said they got it working on a PC.

@huxley123 

Jump onto live chat and report with staff. They might tell you to do a factory reset though. 
Make sure to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or email support using the address in the below picture.

65E2ED09-1D96-449B-B233-A1E8A86267AD.jpeg

redchiz1
Champion 2

Ah, fair enough. Although I was thinking app rather than browser.

huxley123
Scholar 2

I'll try the NOW TV email.

I'm reluctant to do a factory reset and lose all my configurations and sign ins, I'd rather just not watch Murderland.

It just seems odd that just the one programme won't load, and how a reset might fix that.

I might just delete STV Player altogether as it's not great.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123 

Annoyingly that show isn’t available on ITVX. Despite being an Edinburgh resident I’ve not bothered with the STV player as I think it’s very poor.

Really wish ITV would just buy out STV and merge it into the single service. Like iPlayer where you could set the region for Scotland to get BBC 1 Scotland.