cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayceyF
Scholar

Is there a problem with the NCIS shows?

I've been binge-watching NCIS: New Orleans and am literally down to the last few episodes - and now it's suddenly stopped working!

All I get is a stupid message that says, "That didn't go to plan..." (and what a rude and patronising message that is, talk about victim blaming! 🙄  As if it's me who's done something wrong?  I'm surprised they didn't add "Do better next time".)

The same thing is happening with NCIS: Los Angeles, so I'm now wondering if there's an issue with the NCIS shows - some bizarre behind-the-scenes licensing issue? 🤷🏻‍♀️

(Yes, I've yanked the power and bounced the NOW stick more times that I can count, but this has been happening for two days now?  Other programmes are OK.)

This is SOOO frustrating - can somebody please tell NOW to fix it! 😡

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

Here's the latest NOW tweet i pulled from NOW Help Twitter page, where it seems they are still trying to resolve the various TV streaming issues that some customers are experiencing.

youdoodle-2022-06-26T11-55-08Z.jpg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

NOW have acknowledged over on their Twitter feed that they are currently encountering various error streaming messages on different content and various playback devices.

Out of curiosity do you have a NOW Boost Membership ?

I haven't come across these errors myself on NOW Boost.

Somebody on the forum had some success by signing out and back in on their playback devices.

JayceyF
Scholar

Hi @schnapps, thanks for your reply.  I just have a bog-standard NOW membership, just the Entertainment option?

I've just been onto NOW Live chat, and they've advised me to change the batteries in my remote, believe it or not?  (The remote appears to be working, but it's about the only thing I haven't tried!)  I will do this and keep you posted! 😉  (I have quite a few NOW issues at the moment, so I will see if this fixes any of them - I have a lot to work through...😏)

JayceyF
Scholar

@schnapps - First test!

That was partially successful - it got me ten minutes into an episode of NCIS: New Orleans for the first time in two days.  THEN I got that lovely polite message again! 😬  I go back in, get two seconds of content, then it either stops and gives me the message, or it flicks me back to the My Apps page for some reason (why that one?).

Back to the drawing board! 😪

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

If you use Twitter or Facebook jump over there to see their replies to customers or if there is any news or updates of these issues.

I will be suprised it's anything related to your remote controller, but no harm in trying.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

Here's the latest NOW tweet i pulled from NOW Help Twitter page, where it seems they are still trying to resolve the various TV streaming issues that some customers are experiencing.

youdoodle-2022-06-26T11-55-08Z.jpg

JayceyF
Scholar

Thanks very much!  I think that must be it - the 'intermittent problems'.  (Other programmes are also behaving weirdly - I think I'll just have to be patient!)  I don't normally look at Twitter much - perhaps I should? 😁

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

If you still have a free 7 day Boost trial available on your online account.

You could try that to see if it doesn't bring up the error messages.

Should you do go ahead and test your TV shows with Boost after starting the free 7 day trial sign out and back in on your playback devices to trigger Boost.

And cancel the Boost trial fully on say the first day of the trail (you will still get the full 7 days).

I have no idea if having a Boost trial Membership will help you to keep watching your NOW Entertainment shows whilst NOW are trying to fix these on going streaming problems on their service.

With my NOW Boost i haven't come across any streaming difficulties just yet when watching NOW Entertainment or NOW Cinema.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @JayceyF 

Or perhaps hold fire on the 7 day free Boost Trial to see if any Boost forum members on here can confirm they are also getting NOW error streaming messages with their Boost Membership which would then confirm Boost customers are also affected and taking out the Boost free 7 day trial would be a waste of time for getting rid of these error messages.

RoyB
Legend

@JayceyF 

While I’ve never had that message in this context (and I have Boost FWIW), I have had it, and have never thought of it as anything other than Now blaming themselves.

But if you can suggest a better form of words that Now might use, I am sure they would be interested,

I think the ‘change batteries’ suggestion might be Now wondering if a remote with weak batteries might be sending garbled code streams to the app, and thus disrupting it.

Though the app can normally tell if the remote batteries are going and warn you. But maybe only on Now devices with Now remotes, and maybe on Roku devices as well.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.