cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have adds when I have a boost

Every few episodes on sky witness or sky max I have add when I brought boost and have 3 devices connected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You will get promos for Sky content before you watch anything on demand. Boost only removes third party adverts such as Tesco and Halifax etc.

If your still getting third party adverts then there is a fault with the account and the boost isn’t working properly. So what sort of “adverts” are you getting?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried logging out of the device and back in?

Otherwise could be a fault with the account not fully recognising boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I have multiple times on two devices.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are they commercial Ads or just Ads showing what stuff is available to watch on NOW ?

If they are NOW stuff promoting what's available to watch on NOW then these are even with a Boost Membership which you can't skip or stop 😡.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

If I read the post correctly it’s adverts every “few minutes”, so like the standard advert breaks? 🤔

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the ‘boost’ membership so I shouldn’t get adds at all.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You will get promos for Sky content before you watch anything on demand. Boost only removes third party adverts such as Tesco and Halifax etc.

If your still getting third party adverts then there is a fault with the account and the boost isn’t working properly. So what sort of “adverts” are you getting?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok thank you for the answer, the adds are only from NOW TV so I guess that solves the issue. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m not sure but the adds are from NOW, I brought the boost membership so I’m hoping it’s a glitch and it would go away, but so far no luck.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Having Boost does not stop the ads on the live Now channels, only on the On Demand programmes. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.