cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error code VSF.ERROR.PLAYER.ANDROID.UNKNOWN

First post here from a new Now TV customer.
The error message VSF.ERROR.PLAYER.ANDROID.UNKNOWN has appeared with, as far as I am aware, only one programme called Fringe. The series just refuses to resume. All other content and series appear ok. Other tv series will resume and all live channels etc are fine.
Now TV is installed as an app on two Amazon Firesticks one of which is brand new.
The two firesticks are attached to two separate tv's in separate rooms.
The two firesticks are running the latest update which occured yesterday morning the 12th July 2022.
One firestick has been reset to factory default without success.
My ISP is BT and the download speed is more than adequate.
The wifi signal in both rooms is very good.
The router was restarted twice yesterday and turned off overnight yesterday evening.
The two Now TV apps on firestick were uninstalled then re installed and signed into without success.
Now TV is also running as an app on an Amazon Kindle without problems.
The two firesticks were stuck halfway through season 4 episode 4 and any attempt to resume produces the above error on both firesticks. However on Kindle, the Fringe series is watchable and will resume.
So as of this minute we have two firesticks producing the same error message at season 4 episode 6 refusing to resume again from a different start point after watching on the kindle.
I have entertainment, sports and boost enabled.
I have been given a case number 11143730.
Can anyone help please because chat was unable to comprehend the reality of my problem.
Trying to think of a logical next step to take but completely baffled

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Latest update of what? Now, or the Firesticks?

If it was of Now, try updating the Firesticks themselves.

And you say episode 4 in one place, and episode 6 in another. Which is it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Latest update for the firestick.
"The two firesticks are running the latest update which occurred yesterday morning the 12th July 2022."
Therefore the firesticks are running the latest update.
Live Chat confirmed I am running the latest version of the Now TV app.
The firesticks were both stuck halfway through episode 4.
My wife then resumed watching episode 4 on her kindle.
She then stopped  watching halfway through episode 6 on kindle.
Both firesticks running Now TV then failed to resume episode 6 at the point left on kindle.
Hope that helps.
Further update, BT confirmed at 4pm today that there are no issues or dropouts etc logged on my line since reporting 24 hours previously.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi men6pr

I have been receiving this error code for weeks while trying to watch specific episodes of Flash and Supergirl, I have tried live chat but they have been unable to help, I'm

use both firestick and a now tv stick and am getting the same error on both of them

I have cleared the cache, uninstalled and re-installed both devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your response, very frustrating. Since you are experiencing the error on a Now TV stick that rules out a firestick specific problem I presume. Also not just one series as you are experiencing the same error with two other TV series. Can we therefore presume this is a Now TV problem or error which they can not solve. I now have no confidence in starting to watch other series which may hang at some point. Ultimately we are paying for a service which is not reliable therefore.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Latest update of what? Now, or the Firesticks?

If it was of Now, try updating the Firesticks themselves.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please see my response to your original question dated 14-07-2022.

Both firesticks and Now TV apps are up to date.

Another user, Annie66, is experiencing the same problem in her response of 15-07-2022

Further investigation on other AV forums has highlighted the fact that the problem is reported by more than a few users.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sorry, duplicate of the earlier post. The Community software said the posting was Pending; I don’t know why, as it was already posted over two weeks ago 😢

Please ignore.

Pecky

@Anonymous User 

this just happened to me today.

I switched my tv off and on again.

i went into the firestick settings and selected “restart firestick”.  It’s now working fine.  Think it was probably the restart firestick step that fixed it!