cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jazwax
Advocate

Boost from Amazon does not work

I bought an Entertainment membership and Boost through Amazon on a Fire TV. Watching my favourite show and it's still plastered with ads. I've tried reinstalling the NOW app on the TV. Still ads. This morning I tried to watch with a browser on my PC. Still loads of ads. Boost through Amazon does not work. I've cancelled both because the constant ads just ruin the series.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Jazwax 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-boost

Were you watching Now live? Boost doesn’t stop ads on live TV; indeed it can’t, if you think about it,

Or were you watching On Demand, and these were just the Now promos, for Now content, shown before, and not during, the programmes?

Or were you watching On Demand, and still getting ads, third-party ads? In which case, did you go the the My Account option, and check that Boost was shown, and shown as activated? It’s always a good idea to log out of Now and log back in, to trigger Boost activation, or else it can take up to four hours to activate if you just join and don’t do that.

If you have done all of the above, and there is still a problem, then yes this is an issue you could, and should, have discussed with Now over Live Chat; and it’s still not too late to do this, and reverse your cancellations if the issue can be resolved.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.