cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skinnal
Mentor

An idiot Abroad, Season 1 episode 8 issue

Recently signed up for NowTV to download and watch and idiot abroad for a flight. I am able to download and watch every episode of an idiot abroad except for episode 8 of season 1. Every time I try to watch this episode or download the episode I get an error message saying "sorry, the app is currently unable to connect to the stream - please try again. if the problem persists please try restarting the app. If you are still experiencing issues please delete and reinstall the app. Code0x00002c24" at other times it states "error when making streaming content key request data". I have tried everything to sort this, I have contacted the live chat, reinstalled the app, signed out of all devices and tried again, tried other devices, ensured I have had enough storage available etc. Every time I have had the same issue with the same episode. I have not issues with any of the other episodes or downloads. After going through some checks with the support chat I have been informed that this will be passed onto the development team as it's likely an issue with rights to download. But surely I would still be able to view the episode and watch it without a download if it shows on NowTV. I also queried that it is a Sky original series so surely its unlikely to be a rights issue.

Does anyone know a fix or experienced anything similar, is anyone having the same issue with the same episode or is it just my account? its very frustrating how I have just paid for my entertainment pass and the first series I go onto has a technical issue. Also outside of the support chat saying they will pass this onto the development team I have no record or chance to get a follow up email from this to see if they actually look into this. 

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

There used to be a pathway for alerting NOW TV on here regarding failed content, but sadly no longer it seems.

Get on to the support team directly by clicking on the green Chat online button near the top of the page here

Skinnal
Mentor

Hello,

thanks for the reply. I have tried this and gone through every option that we could think of. 

the support agent ended with saying it is likely a rights issue (which I feel is unlikely considering other people can download the episode and this being a sky original series. Also surely this wouldn’t stop me from viewing the episode). they have stated they will send this to the development team but I have no way of following this up or them keeping in touch so I have no way of chasing this issue really.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Skinnal 

I just tried both streaming and watching the download of S1 Ep8 which I tested for the first 5 minutes and both play fine for me on a Samsung Android tablet.

Screenshot_20231016-191835_NOW.jpg

That error code seems to be from an Apple iOS device? 

Is that correct or not ?

Can't really help much because I only run Android in my household, maybe try a full power down on the Apple iOS device or perhaps another forum member can test this episode out on their iOS device.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Skinnal 

Ignore the bit where I quoted iOS devices, because I was thinking of a totally different error code and doing a Google search it seems like the error code you mentioned is not purley related to iOS devices.

Out of curiosity what phones and tablets have you tried with the download of S1 Ep8 and what other playback devices have you tried when attempting to stream this episode in question? 

Also what happens if you use Mobile data off your phone, does the episode play or download? 

Skinnal
Mentor

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying on my iPhone 13, iPad 9th generation along with my MacBook Air which is one of the newer models. All have the same issue. 

using mobile data has the same issue. Cannot view or download the episode.

This must just be an error with my account so I’m struggling with what else to do really. I wish there was a clear email for customer support so I could get a follow up email. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Skinnal 

Strange it's working for me, but not for you.

I am guessing you haven't got a non Apple device to test this episode on ?

Here's an email address in the screen shot below for NOW customer support.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Skinnal
Mentor

Hello,

This is really strange, so I’ve just tried playing the episode on my Xbox and it works.

This definitely seems to be an issue with apple/iOS devices. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

It definitely does. Just tried on my iPhone and got this:

IMG_0202.PNG

Other episodes seem OK, most strange

Skinnal
Mentor

Well at least I’m not on my own. Hopefully the support team get on top of this and sort it.

you've got the exact same error as me.