cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Xbox One disconnects frequently

My Xbox One keeps disconnecting from the internet for seemingly no reason. The connection itself is fine (when it's actually connected) and there are no issues with any other devices. The connection can be fine and then suddenly the stream will stop and I'll get a message in whatever app I'm watching to say that I'm not connected to the internet. I go back to the home screen, test the connection and it says that there's no connection, I test it again and it says it's connected but then when I go back to the app it says it isn't! It's driving me crazy!
Weirdly it seems to be ok with ITV hub but has major issues with BBC iPlayer, Disney+ and multiplayer games online. I've been trying to troubleshoot this online myself but come up blank. Potentially I need to open/enable ports or something like that but I can't seem to find a way to do that. I managed to find out that "Your network is behind a cone NAT" which apparently might be hindering the connection but again I don't really know what this means. Can someone please, please help?

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Can I assume your internet provider is with NOW?

Have you tried to perform a factory reset to the router?

Are you connected via Wi-fi or ethernet?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help