cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live stream stopping momentarily every ten minutes or so

Every 10 minutes or so the stream stutters, stops, the loading icon appears, and then after a second or two resumes.

It is incredible annoying and disruptive to watching programs, especially dramas (it sort of ruined watching Twin Peaks because I couldn't relax).

Adverts were not affected, although ads are only 2-3 mins.

I am connected via LAN into my PS4. My internet connection is good (PS4 test says 67mb download) and I do not suffer from drop-outs or anything like that. This does not happen on YouTube or Netflix.

Can you advise on how to stop this? As it stands if this will be the case I will cancel my account and find the content elsewhere I want instead because this isn't good enough. 

3 REPLIES 3
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User 

Hi, have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again? Or deleting your memory data from the PS4 system Storage?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, no but I will look into it.

Viewing on-demand content doesn't have any of these issues. But viewing live does have momentary moments of buffering and it sort of defeats the point of it - I guess this suggests it's something on nowtv's ends with regards to transmission signal?

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi, no but I will look into it.

Viewing on-demand content doesn't have any of these issues. But viewing live does have momentary moments of buffering and it sort of defeats the point of it - I guess this suggests it's something on nowtv's ends with regards to transmission signal?

@Anonymous User Yeah, let me know sure. I think it could be due to live streaming needing cached or set-aside memory to store present data. I'm not 100% sure however maybe doing this will help as it will clean your Harddrive for 'empty space' http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/

P.s this won't affect any of your installed games or data 🙂 If you give it a try as a last resort, let me know @Anonymous User

Cheers