cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using Chromecast without Now TV box

Hi,

I don't have a Now TV box but signed up to the Now TV site yesterday and bought a Sky Sports day pass.

I am now thinking of buying a chromecast to be able to watch sky sports via my Android Now TV app.  Is this possible please?    when I went to plug my android device into the HDMI / MHL socket on my TV I wasn't able to view on my TV so was looking for another solution.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, that's no problem, the following help guide explains how it works

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Using-Chromecast

Bear in mind the Chromecast will use one of your four device slots, so make sure you have a spare slot on your My Account page.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I am sure there must be a way to add new questions to the forum, but I could not find out how to do it other than replying to someone elses question? I must be going blind or something.

Now my actual question.

I can cast to chromecast my Now TV app from my mobile phone with limited issues other than the relatively poor mobile signal I get which often drops the cast.

I can watch Now TV on my windows 10 laptop without any issue, other than only I can comfortably watch it.

Google Chrome does not support NOW TV, so I am unable to cast NOW TV from my laptop. Neither Firefox or IE seems to support both NOW TV and Chromecast

There must be a way around this catch 22 situation, has anyone got a workaround please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the Chromecast shouldn't be using mobile signal, it and your mobile need to be on wifi for it to work. How do you get on with other streaming apps on your Chromecast (iPlayer, All4 etc)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

The NOW TV app is running on my phone, the signal on my phone is not good and leeds to drop out, hence the reason why I want to use my laptop which does not have these drop out issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User once connected to the stream the Chromecast doesn't need the phone at all (although you wouldn't be able to pause or stop). I've turned my phone off and it continues to play without issue. Again though, both should be on wifi, so neither should be having signal issues in the house.