cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

WiFi

Hello, I'm just enquiring if anyone would know why my devices aren't getting the guaranteed upload? I used to get 18.5mbps upload but now it's dropped below 4mbps upload? Anyone know any reason why? I've restarted the Router and devices and still hasn't solved the problem.

It's just constantly lagging on all my devices now. I do the technical page and it's saying I'm getting the speeds I'm promised?

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Which broadband service are you on?

What download speed are you getting, and what speed are you supposed to be getting?

Take measurements with Ookla Speedtest and report them here.

Also, if you can, run WiFi Analyzer on an Android device, and see if the channel your router is using is particularly congested. 

And can you turn off your WiFi, connect a single device by Ethernet, and measure the upload speed then?

Connect your router directly to the test socket in your Master Socket, if you have one and can,  and try again?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.