cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Del2
Mentor

Where can I view all the T/Cs for a Broadband & new phone line monthly contract before I signup ?

It is not clear how much the total charge will be for activation and the installation of a new phone line.

Can i cancel the contract after 8 months and then reinsate it after 4 months without any additional payments?

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

If you click on The Legal Bit at the bottom of the page you will find them there.

And no. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@Del2 wrote:
It is not clear how much the total charge will be for activation and the installation of a new phone line.

It's always seemed pretty clear to me. 

Jayach_0-1700616730110.png

There is no charge (to you) to install the line if you don't have one, Jayach_1-1700618088850.png

From https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband

however you/Now may have difficulties getting Openreach to do so, as they are trying to phase the copper out.

Have you checked if you are in a Full Fibre area, as Now can't supply that?

Del2
Mentor

thanks for your reply 

this would be for for a monthly contract as i stated and not for a 12 month minimum term. 

there is no existing line at the property and never has been

So new line installation is required not full fibre as we only need minimum internet for mobile phone use ( very poor mobile signal). "Now" state £60 installation fee and £60 if you need a new line so this is one or the other but not both?

If I terminate this service and then rejoin after a 4 month gap will i have to pay a £60 re connection fee?

Thanks for your help difficult. to get this info from call center I had allmost given up until i found this forum

we have a holiday home that we can only use 8 months of the year so the monthly option is attractive

however if i terminate the service at the end of October will i have to pay £60 to rejoin in the following March

We need  internet access for mobile phone it for a static caravan the we can use 8 months of the year for internet access to use a mobile phone 

this is not full fibre its not in the the area

Jayach
Elite 3

@Del2 wrote:
there is no existing line at the property and never has been

We need  internet access for mobile phone it for a static caravan the we can use 8 months of the year for internet access to use a mobile phone 

The rules around static caravans may be a little different to standard properties, does the site have the necessary infrastructure for instance.

Don't know if this will be any help:

Can I Get A Phone Line In A Caravan? - Caravan FAQs

Also, with the fact no new phone numbers can be issued on the PSTN, Now may not be able to supply a connection at all.

You may need to look at a supplier who can provide broadband only. (SOGEA)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Del2 

When you terminate the contract. You will have to start a brand new contract if you want to sign up again. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Del2
Mentor

Thanks for your help

I will take out a the 12 month contract