cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bethan1234

Tried to cancel my Now broadband three times, but Now has failed to cancel it each time.

I have tried to cancel my Now broadband three times. Now are repeatedly failing to cancel my broadband. I've called their call centre (apparently the only way to cancel) about eight times now.

I phoned on 15 Jan 2024 and received email confirmation that my account would be cancelled on 23 Jan 2024. I returned my Now router. My account was not cancelled and I was charged £46.50 on 28 January.  This has not been refunded.

I phoned again and received email confirmation that my account would be cancelled on 20 February 2024. My account was still not cancelled.

I phoned again on 28 February and was told it would be cancelled immediately with effect from 29 February.

Today is 1 March and accordingly to my online account, my broadband is still not showing as cancelled. The payments section of my online account indicate that I will be charged again on 28 March.

I've submitted two complaints via the Now website and received no response. Clearly calling the Now call centre isn't working.

What do I have to do to get the broadband cancelled??

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@bethan1234 

See if the second drop down is of any help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-broadband

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@bethan1234 

If you are certain you are in the right over this (and not paying off an early termination fee for instance), contact your card issuer and instruct them to cancel the CPA by which you pay Now.

Don't take No for an answer; they can, and they must, do this at your request.

You might also want to apply for a chargeback on all the amounts erroneously taken so far.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.