cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Open Reach Address problem.

I've noticed that my address is not on the openreach system. I contacted the bt wholesale team and they said

"If your address is not correct, this would be an Openreach issue as they run the network, your ISP should have a process to get to get this resolved with them"

For instance if I go to https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

My address is not on the system I have to go another way to get a UPRN.

So what to do

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
Jayach
Elite 3

Have you got your UPRN. Until I did some reading up because of your query, I never realised how easy it is now.

UPRN search, address & postcode finder - FindMyAddress

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes that is how I got my correct info, UPRN for the bt site

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I used the asus setup wizard to set the option 61, all seems to be working still after a reboot so no more hassle with that. Yet still taking ages to sign in on the line.

Thanks again for your help, I'll let you know how I get on with the call, any advice what to tell the NOW adviser regarding the address issule?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So called NOW up, and well bad news, found out why my net is not right too, I'm getting someones else's net..

So now I have to leave Now Boardband, so openreach can add me correctly too the system.

Jayach
Elite 3

Oh my goodness, that sounds like a real mess. Don't think I've ever heard of that happening before. Hope it doesn't take too long to sort out.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well after a bit more of a chat with NOW, they have booked a openreach engineer on the 7th for them to look in to, after all it's not just my house it's the hole street!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On something else the option 61, as I said above I now used the asus default setup to get the key. It connects faster, how it should. Maybe they changed something but now its just a 6 number combo. Yet never use to work I use to use say 123456abcdefg@skydsl|12345abC#

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So a update, I've had a openreach engineer round, check stuff and conformed I was set up, but address on the system is incorrect,  And said my isp should have a process to solve this. So called now again and they are unable to do anything and then told me to contact openreach, yet they told me to contact my ISP. I'm now at a loss what to do. Now have my address in a different street and house, and unwilling to resolve.

Jayach
Elite 3

If Now have you at an incorrect address, how did they send you your router when you joined?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Jayach 

We have to consider that Now know where you really live - and sent the router there - but Openreach were given the wrong address, or were given the right address and subsequently got it wrong.

So Openreach are telling you that Now can fix it, but Now are sitting there bewildered because they have the right address, and they have no mechanism for correcting this with Openreach when it isn’t wrong at the Now end.

But whatever, it was Now’s choice to use Openreach, and if you gave Now the correct details, and Openreach, who attended at your property can’t correct your records, it’s up to Now to put Openreach straight.

Tell Now that the net you thought you bought was the internet, not a table-tennis net to play operator ping-pong over 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.