cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Open Reach Address problem.

I've noticed that my address is not on the openreach system. I contacted the bt wholesale team and they said

"If your address is not correct, this would be an Openreach issue as they run the network, your ISP should have a process to get to get this resolved with them"

For instance if I go to https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

My address is not on the system I have to go another way to get a UPRN.

So what to do

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the update, and that's my problem the site can not find my address, so use UPRN.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yet its cab 52, I'm out today so will not get a chance to call but NOW needs to contact Openreach.

Jayach
Elite 3

Looking at the Asus reading there does seem to be a line problem, although the sync is low compared to what you would expect from the BT checker, the SNR is also low. Have you tried in the test socket? 

If the SNR is varying over time by more than a couple of decimal points it is indicative of line problems.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aye I've had 4 openreach engineers all saying I should have better, and part fixing a problem, yet leaving with out sayong a thing. I have said this to NOW but when I say about SNG siginal margins they start talking wifi! And not willing to send another engineer for what ever reason.

I've changed the master socket from the newer open reach to a older style, also renewd the dsl cable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also 1 other thing I have noticed with the ISP device and the asus, I get the dsl line, but signing in can take 10 minutes to sync. Bit slower on the asus.

Also notice up line is fast path

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've changed the master socket from the newer open reach to a older style, also renewd the dsl cable.

That seems strange, the newer sockets are presumably better. When I had problems the first thing Openreach did was replace my old socket with a new one with a test socket. I also persuaded the engineer to fit a filtered faceplate. (It didn't take much persuasion, I just said "don't I get a filtered faceplate?" and he said "Oh would you like one I'll get one from the Van")

The problem we have now is, with the copper due to be redundant in a few years Openreach don't want to spend too much on keeping every line perfect. As long as you get the "handback" figure they will probably feel that's good enough.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm now using my mk 2 socket with faceplate, I was using the newer mk5 think it is with the rj45 socket.

Yes that's right about the copper line, my main line problem started when they was pulling the cable for the new Full Fiber to the pool, 

Only other thing i would like to question is my 3rd party WAN settings. So I orginaly had sky Boardband but wanted a extra £30 a month so swapped to Now TV  Boardband.

So the option 61 is the same as it was for sky. So for the now in setup I've used the Now ISP device Mac then @skydsl.

Could this be a issule before when sky I was say abcdef123456 @skydsl, inc the | then a fake password

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Noticed on asus setup wizard on sky would be just a number, yet done on now I get a number in ""

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

Only other thing i would like to question is my 3rd party WAN settings. So I orginaly had sky Boardband but wanted a extra £30 a month so swapped to Now TV  Boardband.

So the option 61 is the same as it was for sky. So for the now in setup I've used the Now ISP device Mac then @skydsl.

Could this be a issule before when sky I was say abcdef123456 @skydsl, inc the | then a fake password

If there was a problem there I would simply not expect it to work.

I'm not on Now, but I though if you were using the Sky_MER setting on the ASUS, that was all you needed to do, no extra information. Do you have the latest firmware on the ASUS, or are you using one of the 3rd party firmware's, such as Merlin?

Edit, just realised I should have been able to work that out from your picture.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was using merlin, swapped back to asus when I was getting issules. As you have noticed, makes me think, if the option 61 can be anything I may revert back to the default Asus issules in the setup wizard see if any change, also will be reverting back the master socket. Thanks for the info. Will try get this address issule sorted, yet not sure how that will go, as its btwholesale site, yet they was ones who said above.