cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Offical 3ed party setup request.

So as many know since the start of the year, you are now allowed by Ofcom to use a 3ed party router. It sounds good but there has been no offical guide from NOW on this user I'd side.

I use mac addresse at nowtv, It works. But why has nothing offical been released by NOW or SKY who there Boardband is run by.

I think it's about time there was something more offical from them on this matter, being so Ofcom has allowed us yet there still being hard to comply

18 REPLIES 18
Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

So as many know since the start of the year, you are now allowed by Ofcom to use a 3ed party router.

I did not know that. Do you have a link?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not off hand but there is a link from another post if you search also google.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Setup-Performance/Third-party-router-credentials/m-p/574111#M10516

It's in the T&C

Jayach
Elite 3

How do Now's T&C's have anything to do with Ofcom's rules?

@Anonymous User wrote:

So as many know since the start of the year, you are now allowed by Ofcom to use a 3ed party router.

I don't think Ofcom have said any such thing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you Google you will find, also why have they had to change t&c. But well I know the rules and requesting a offical responce.

Jayach
Elite 3

I googled before asking for a link. I've searched the Ofcom site and can still find nothing.

I still don't think they have said any such thing.

chilli2
Elite

Its highly unlikely that Now will produce a set up guide for every make and model of router that exists .

The only thing that they may realistically do is issue a small statement along the lines of modem/routes not supplied by Now must support option 61/MER log in, customer facing any issues with equipment not suplied by Now must contact the manufacturer of that equipment for support, customers facing issues with their connection must use the Now supplied equipment to receive support

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm asking for the correct dsl login info.

Is it mac address, or any 12 digets, is the password required etc. They should supply that basic info.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So what is the correct 61/MER login info is what I asking officially they should provide us that 

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

So what is the correct 61/MER login info is what I asking officially they should provide us that 

That information is all over this and Sky's forum. Many current 3rd party routers have Sky_MER as an option.

And there is no point asking "officially" on here. This is a user to user forum, Now will not make official statements on here.