cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starlings
Advocate

No notice of cancellation

Hi there.  Can anyone advise what I should do to get this resolved please?  I signed up on 9 May and paid £5 fee to register for broadband and anytime calls.  I received 2 welcome emails from Nowtv confirming my membership on that day.  I phoned up on Saturday 10 June enquiring where my router box was and how long it would be as it was taking rather a long time.  I was told my order was cancelled, they couldn't port my landline, and they didn't do the broadband and anytime calls deal anymore.  They then without notice put me on hold so I had to give up the call.  I don't really want to call them again as I found this all extremely rude.  I sent a complaint on Friday but I haven't heard anything back.  Surely they aren't able to do this?  I paid money for the service.  I don't understand how they can just cancel without telling me.  Also where is the money I paid them, doesn't that form a contract?  They haven't given it back.  They haven't  contacted me about any of this.  How am I to know how my order is doing if they don't contact me?  This all seems very underhand!  I just want the package I signed up for and paid for!  Can anyone help me please?  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Starlings 

We’re just customers like you, so while we can sigh and commiserate, we can’t actually do anything to help you beyond pointing you in the right direction.

And you obviously know how to get in touch with them. You could ring up again, and ask to speak to a manager perhaps, or maybe just someone with more of a clue about customer service than the people you have spoken to so far?

As regards the service, Now may have spoken to Openreach on receiving your order, and Openreach replied that you are in a Copper Stop Sell area - i.e. an all-fibre area for the future offering only FTTP - Fibre To The Property. Whereas Now’s Fibre is just FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet), and then copper into your property, something Openreach are moving away from wherever possible.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Starlings
Advocate

Thanks Roy I understand you're just a customer like me.  I just find their service really unhelpful.  It shouldn't fall to customers like you and I to explain their shortcomings though should it.  They should be doing it.  If they couldn't honour the agreement why didn't they contact me, they had my phone number and my email, they could have done, and they could have sent me money back with an explanation.  They were quick enough to take my money when I signed up.  Why should I have to effectively run a marathon and speak to hundreds of people to point out their complete lack of service to claim back the £5 they've effectively stolen from me.  When they put me on hold on Saturday effectively cutting me off, why didn't they call me back, or email me and say sorry they must have cut me off and re-start the conversation?  I'm not sure what I was expecting from this forum to be honest, I was blindly hoping someone at Nowtv would actually see this or I might be given another route to speak to someone.  They hide behind an appalling telephone help centre, live chat isn't live as in you're not actually speaking to someone and  messages go unanswered.   Thanks for reading.  I will have to phone them again won't I.  Horrid company.