cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moving into a new property, old tenants have NOWTV broadband.

Hi all, 

I'm moving into a new rented house next month and need to set up Internet myself before moving into the property (I work from home, so it's quite vital I can get it sorted as soon as possible!). 

The old tenants used a NOWTV boxed through an Openreach plug, so I was wondering if I was to set up NOWTV broadband it would be an instantaneous process and we would get internet right from the move in date. 

I also wanted to know with the no contract scheme (the £60 set up cost) I would be able to cancel further down the line if better opportunities arise? 

Thank you guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It will take around 14 days from date of order placed if it's a straight forward switch over irrespective if there is a NOW Broadband service already in place with the previous tenant.

With the £60 admin fee paid you can cancel anytime without a penalty.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It will take around 14 days from date of order placed if it's a straight forward switch over irrespective if there is a NOW Broadband service already in place with the previous tenant.

With the £60 admin fee paid you can cancel anytime without a penalty.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thank you for the fast response. So it doesn't matter if they have the router already there, we'd have to get a new one sent to us through the mail which should arrive 2 weeks from now?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NOW will send out a new Router about two or three days before your live activation date (even if the old tenant leaves the existing NOW Router in the property).

You can use either if you wish, but this will not speed up the behind the scenes to get your order live.

The 14 days is usually standard with other ISP's also that use the BT Openreach infrastructure from my experience.