cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ejdzej
Advocate

Moving home

Hi.

I'm moving home with existing equipment.

I wonder if I have one week/month cover to cancel contact without fee.

Problem is that average speed in my new property will be twice slower so that kind of connection may be pain for me. I got informed about it so I would like to test if it's ok or not for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ejdzej 

Did you call the broadband team using the number from the link I provided?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ejdzej 

You need to call the broadband team. See link for number.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Ejdzej
Advocate

There is nothing about early termination contract.

If I don't find answer I may consider to cancell current contract and start new with different ISP. At least as new customer I will have right to cancel in 14 days or something like that 

Jayach
Elite 3

Unless you have FTTP available at the new property (which Now don't offer), you will not get significantly different line speeds from any other ISP's.

You should be able to get an idea of what you can expect from here:

BT Broadband (btwholesale.com)

RoyB
Legend

@Ejdzej 

“There is nothing about early termination contract.”

Here you go….

https://help.nowtv.com/article/early-termination-charges

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ejdzej 

Did you call the broadband team using the number from the link I provided?

Ejdzej
Advocate

Yes.

They said that I should have 14 days to cancell contract without fee like in any new contract.

The question is why they force me to have new contract if I'm changing address.

There is no such thing with other services, car insurance, mobile phone contract, etc. It's not fair.

Im going to try Virgin Media. It's available in my area. Can reach 1000mb/s. Comparing to max 60mb/s at BT lines. Price is only £10 bigger only. 14 days no cancellation fee applies as well.

I'll test VM in gaming at new property and then make decisions if I stay or leave, especially i need new contract anyway.

Thanks for your help

Gbenga
Advocate

Hi, 

I just moved into a new home. I need assistance pls, as the internet is not working. I have tried to reach out to the call centre with no help 

RoyB
Legend

@Gbenga 

We’re all just customers here like you, no Now staff post here.

So all we can do is guide you as to what you need to say when you call them back, the only way anything will get done, and can speak to someone who can be of more help to you.

Is this a new Now Broadband contract, or the continuation of an existing one?

What is/was your activation date at the new property?

Have you got your Now router there, and is it plugged into the BT Master socket?

What lights can you see on the top of the router, and what colour are they?

What number did you call at Now Broadband, who did you speak to, and in what way were they no help?

As it may be that some retraining is needed here 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.