cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gizz
Scholar

Moving from Now Fab Fibre to Vodafone Fibre1

I am considering moving my broadband and landline from Now Fab Fibre to Vodafone Fibre 1.  I am really worried though if i might lose my landline number, and if they will move my phone line to digital in the process.  My elderly parents use the phone and have care alarms set up and we need a phone line that will work even if the power goes off.  So for as long as possible we want to delay a move to digital phone line (we know it will happen at some point )

So i called vodafone and the sales person said we would be able to keep our phone number - but they can't guarantee it. So I am a bit worried if we do the switch and then lose the number - i have read a few stories from other people who did lose their number.
As both Now Fab Fibre and Vodafone Fibre 1 are the same(ish) speeds, and use BT Openreach - is there a good chance that we will stay on a normal copper line, and therefore be able to keep our landline number as well?  Does anyone know how it works - or has anyone already done similar switch from Now to Vodafone and what was the experience like?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

@gizz wrote:

@Jayach Thank you - so basically if i dont want to move to digital line yet then I am stuck with NOW?

I would definately say so. I don't thinks any ISP's (other than Now) are providing new connections with anything other than digital voice. Some, such as PlusNet, no longer provide a voice service as standard at all.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jayach
Elite 3

If you swap ISP, the phone line will be provided digitally.

If you are in a full fibre area (either Openreach or CityFibre) the broadband connection will probably be provided over that, if not it will use the same Openreach copper connection you use with Now.

Edit: Over on the Vodafone forum there do seem to be a lot of posts where people have lost their original phone numbers, but just what percentage of connections it represents is impossible to tell, because obviously no one posts to say they were able to keep it.

gizz
Scholar

@Jayach Thank you - so basically if i dont want to move to digital line yet then I am stuck with NOW?

Jayach
Elite 3

@gizz wrote:

I would definately say so. I don't thinks any ISP's (other than Now) are providing new connections with anything other than digital voice. Some, such as PlusNet, no longer provide a voice service as standard at all.