cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coffeepot
Mentor

Leaving Now Broadband - Out of Contract

Hi there,

I shall be moving soon and my Now Broadband is currently on a rolling (monthly) contract. As I am out of contract, I only have to give 10 working days notice to Now Broadband to leave. I don’t wish to transfer it to my new home. 

I understand that we make payments to Now Broadband in advance. I would like to know if Now Broadband reimburse you on a pro rata basis when you leave. So say for example I have just paid them a month in advance and I give them the 10 (working) days notice today. Does anyone know if they reimburse you for the remaining days that you have already paid for? I hope this makes sense and someone knows what I’m trying to say. 

I know I should ring them, however, I wanted to ask here first.

Thanks,

N

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Coffeepot 

Have a read of this linked help article below.

My understanding that any reimbursement due for the days not still on the NOW Broadband service takes about 30 days before the due credit is paid back into your bank account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/my-final-broadband-bill 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Coffeepot 

Have a read of this linked help article below.

My understanding that any reimbursement due for the days not still on the NOW Broadband service takes about 30 days before the due credit is paid back into your bank account.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/my-final-broadband-bill 

Coffeepot
Mentor

Hi there,

Thanks for sending me the link. I shall have a read.

Thanks for your reply schnapps 🙂

Coffeepot
Mentor

Hi @schnapps,

Do you know if I have to request a refund or is it done automatically?

Thanks,

Coffeepot

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Coffeepot 

Not sure.

Maybe drop NOW an email with all your questions.

When I left BT Broadband and joined NOW Broadband the credit from BT was automatically worked out and put into my bank account without me asking for it.

Coffeepot
Mentor

Hi @schnapps,

I haven’t decided when to give the 10 days notice yet but I will ring them. When I left Sky Broadband,  I had to ring them and request a refund hence my question.

Thanks for your reply 🙂

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Coffeepot 

Or send NOW an email using the address on the screen shot below asking them the question directly.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg