cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How far in advance of installation can one order?

Hi there,

I'm looking at moving to Now next month when my contract with Plusnet ends.

Does anyone know how early I can place the order with Now?

I think I read that 14 days was the normal lead time for orders, but how far in advance can one place an order?

I'm just keen to get my order in with Now before the price goes up. 🙂

Thanks very much,

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding reading Tweets over on NOW Twitter it's fixed at 14 days if it's a straight forward switch over and a self install.

I don't think you can order in advance if you are more than 14 days outside the order window (might be wrong or things have changed).

Perhaps drop NOW an email and get the official response from them using the email address from this screenshot below.

Should NOW came back to you with more flexibility than the 14 days slot to place an order in advance please let us know on the Community.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Schnapps.

The reason for wanting to order now but arrange installation later was just that I wanted to avoid an early termination at Plusnet. I worked out it wouldn't be much though, so I went ahead and ordered anyway.

Interestingly, (I guess because the activation wasn't going to require an engineer in my case) it doesn't ask you what date you want the install at all.

As you say, it just seems to set activation as a fixed 14 day from the order date. Sufficient time for them to organise it with your current provider, get the router out to you etc. I guess.

All good, and should go live Friday. 👍