cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ieva
Advocate

Cancellation

Hey! I want to cancel my broadband contract with NOW. I supposed to get my broadband installed on the 31st January, I'm still waiting for it. It's absolutely not acceptable. Who does know how I can do it? 

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Ieva 

Get in touch with Now in the same way you contacted them to order the broadband, and ask to cancel it on the grounds of non-performance of contract.

But before you do, make sure you are OK to stay with your existing ISP, or have a new one lined up ready.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Ieva
Advocate

@RoyB Hi Roy,

Thank you for your reply. I've ordered the broadband online. I've emailed them but no response so far. I'm sitting without internet the second week. My old provider is gone already. I was expecting to have a new one soon. I'm in a very tricky situation. I can't look for a new provider when I'm committed to NOW 😕

RoyB
Legend

@Ieva 

Was your previous provider Virgin? In which case the situation is unavoidable; but otherwise, you should have let Now deal with your losing provider, and then you would at least still have them until Now could actually activate you.

Sorry if this is a bit ‘locking the stable door after the horse has bolted’, but it may help somebody else in the future.

I agree you can’t start negotiating with a new provider until Now are out of the picture, but you can at least look at the marketplace, via USwitch or MoneySavingExpert, and see what is available to you, at what prices.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

If you look here: https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-broadband there is an option to cancel before going live. I suspect it will require calling them on 03300 412473.