cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dee
Advocate

App Doesn't work on Chrome OS

I Started my membership later in December with Now only to find out that it is not compatible with any of my devices. tried cancelling as i cannot use it on any of my devices to realise that i have been locked in for 6 months. I would like to cancel immediately as it is completely useless to me. 

please help. 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@dee 

For any change of refund you must speak to staff directly. Which can be via live chat by clicking "chat online" within the green box, don't hit "get help quicker" as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@dee 

Membership of what? Sports, Entertainment, Cinema, Hayu?

Now don’t do six month lock-ins - even six-month offers can be cancelled, and cease after the running month.

You should, if you took the membership out through Now, be able to go to My Account/Manage Account (written very small)/Now Membership and cancel for yourself there.

If you bought it through somebody else though, Apple or Amazon say, then you will have to cancel it on their site, but the same month by month arrangement applies.

For all memberships except Sport, though, Now offer a 7-day free trial. This gives anyone considering Now a chance to ensure they can successfully watch it on their chosen devices, or that they may need a Roku or Firestick or Chromecast, and decide whether, and how, they want to proceed. Or cancel without penalty before the 7 days are up.

Piling in on a Now offer, without the 7 days trial first, is unwise unless you are really sure that you can take advantage of it, I am afraid.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

With regards to the 7 days free trial, my understanding NOW have stopped it for Entertainment & Cinema a few months back (not sure if it's short term or long term or for good).

I believe the only 7 days free trial available directly through NOW themselves is Hayu & Boost.

This NOW help article in the link below seems to suggest this in a round about way, but it doesn't really indicate that Entertainment & Cinema 7 days free trials have been removed by NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/free-trial 

Under the NOW Help Centre if you search for Entertainment or Cinema help article I couldn't find anything mentioned about the 7 days free trials in the FAQ which was there in the past.

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

Thanks for that - so they have. Now’s ability to make itself a little worse from time to time exceeds my capacity to conjecture such things 😢

So - no announcement (at least for the great unwashed, like me), and nothing to see under Memberships, as the Hayu trial is still there for me, and I don’t qualify for any others.

And the usual hasty cut and paste job on the Help topic that removes all direct references to Cinema and Entertainment trials, but leaves the odd sentence from before still indirectly implying that there might be such, making the topic slightly confusing.

So all those “I took a 7-day trial and didn’t realise it turned into a paid Membership” howls of complaint are no more (except perhaps on Hayu, or the people whose bundle includes a week of Boost trial they didn’t notice, and which goes to paid), to be replaced by the people who didn’t check if Now would run on their particular devices, which nowadays seems to be mostly Chromebooks.

So what should I have said above? I hesitate to suggest that people should take a free trial of something they don’t want to subscribe to, just to check that have suitable devices to watch Now on, but that seems to be what it’s come to 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.