cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Criminal, Fraudulent and Ignorant...

DISCLAIMER: "Pleasantness" is far beyond my present remit so apologists and understanders may not apply.

1. Opened my NOWTV account on Opera on my PC

2. Started a KIDS PASS FREE 14 DAY TRIAL
3. Signed out of NOWTV on PC
4. Signed in on NOWTV box
5. Activated KIDS PASS TRIAL
6. Was asked if I wanted TRIAL PASSES for both MOVIES and ENTERTAINMENT so i clicked YES to both
7. Was taken to a confirm screen, two screens for each MOVIES and ENTERTAINMENT, where it was confirmed verbatim "PAY NOTHING TODAY; PROCEED AFTER OFFER?"

8. Success, all 3 packages/offers accepted and applied

9. Email to say money will be taken today for MOVIES MONTH PASS and ENTERTAINMENT MONTH PASS

10. Checked bank, sure enough money is gone
11. Telephoned 101 to enquire and have been told YES to FRAUD and THEFT. The Police did however also advise that first I might like to contact NOWTV to try to resolve the problem "as it might be a mistake". Interesting. I asked the Police person politely, "If i was caught taking money from someone's bank account, would it ever be considered a mistake?" His reply, "admittedly, that is very unlikely". As usual we seem to have one rule for people and another rule entirely for corporations. I told the Police that, at this point, i am only making enquiries and that if i get no satisfactory rememdy by midday today i will be ringing back to request criminal behaviour is properly investigated, as is my right, as i pay taxes; another thing corporations don't like but people have no choice in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The matter has been resolved in terms of my dissatisfaction.

I have spoken to two CS agents, one juniour one senior, who were very courteous and helpful. It turns out that there was a slight mistake on my part which i am very grateful for having been explained to me.

The essential matter of free trials being offered through the TV BOX as opposed to on the website remains impractical from a contractual law perspective ie. offer and consideration, implied, expressed and implicit terms and statutory rights. Customers should be aware that, in absence of any expressed terms on the offer itself the terms and conditions signed on account creation DO state 1 offer per household and NOWTV agents WILL use this in litigation. However, this does not in my estimations and understanding of the law in the UK solve the problem. The NOWTV team, i am assured, will be looking at placing a disclaimer on the offers themselves when accepted through the NOWTV BOX. For clarity, this already occurs (something i have verified) if you attempt to repeat a previously accepted offer through the website; a warning will clearly inform you that you have a) taken the offer before b) will be charged and finally/importantly c) a resumbmission of acceptance further to the revised expressed term of 1 offer per household (in law, exactly how it should be). The problem ONLY occurs through the NOWTV box.

Thank-you NOWTV TEAM, and hopefully the matter will be fully resolved with a future update.

Happiness Restored.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The matter has been resolved in terms of my dissatisfaction.

I have spoken to two CS agents, one juniour one senior, who were very courteous and helpful. It turns out that there was a slight mistake on my part which i am very grateful for having been explained to me.

The essential matter of free trials being offered through the TV BOX as opposed to on the website remains impractical from a contractual law perspective ie. offer and consideration, implied, expressed and implicit terms and statutory rights. Customers should be aware that, in absence of any expressed terms on the offer itself the terms and conditions signed on account creation DO state 1 offer per household and NOWTV agents WILL use this in litigation. However, this does not in my estimations and understanding of the law in the UK solve the problem. The NOWTV team, i am assured, will be looking at placing a disclaimer on the offers themselves when accepted through the NOWTV BOX. For clarity, this already occurs (something i have verified) if you attempt to repeat a previously accepted offer through the website; a warning will clearly inform you that you have a) taken the offer before b) will be charged and finally/importantly c) a resumbmission of acceptance further to the revised expressed term of 1 offer per household (in law, exactly how it should be). The problem ONLY occurs through the NOWTV box.

Thank-you NOWTV TEAM, and hopefully the matter will be fully resolved with a future update.

Happiness Restored.