cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turpindick
Advocate

ripped off! why do you take the masters golf down so quickly?

now tv and sky has got to be the worst service online. too long with a monopoly on certain content has lead to neglect and greed. 

i have had problems every time i've purchased something on NOW. most recently I purchased a 24 hour sports membership to specifically watch the masters golf final round. I decided to go to sleep because of the time difference and start where i left off this morning only to find no coverage. not even extended highlights. 

when i as watching the golf the quality was poor. I have experienced poor screen quality before with NOW but this was terrible. it was constant and made viewing difficult at times. you just have to put up with it and that doesn't seem right when paying 11.99. 

then you have to deal with adverts all the time. paying 11.99 FOR ONE DAY! should be enough to avoid adverts you would think but NO not with now and sky. the greed is off the charts. 

and then to customer service. terrible. the amount of time wasted even trying to speak to someone only to spouted the company line with no consideration for a legitimate complaint and reason. even writing this now feels pointless but i am so angered by this lack of appreciation for the customer that i feel i must say something. 

my refund has already been refused so i may as well air my opinion so others don't fall foul to this applaing company. i will take to social media next. 

FREEEEEDOM!!!!!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@turpindick 

This is what merkins call ‘preaching to the choir’ 😢

There must be very few people indeed on this user-to-user Community who are not either perfectly happy with Now, or have at least reached an accommodation with Now by which they are prepared to continue using it.

And part of this accommodation, for Sports fans, is being aware that live means live, and replays and highlights are either horribly delayed, or they are non-existent.

For those who aren’t night owls, or for those working nights when the good stuff is on only in the day, the answer may be EE TV, whose recording YouView boxes can capture the live sport on the Now channels.

Needs their broadband, and EE TV is by additional subscription, but they lend you the recording box. Dearer than via Now, but still cheaper than via Sky, if you pick your package wisely.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

Do EE offer the Sports Day Membership and would that be recordable in any event?

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

No, EE don’t like toe dippers, and want you to go for full body immersion.

Though you can buy Sports by the month if your base subscription is Entertainment.

If your base subscription is Sports though, you are in for the 18 months long haul.

Either is recordable.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

The live Masters golf coverage, as with all live streams and broadcasts, always carries advertising breaks. I can't speak for the quality on whatever device you were using, but I was watching on my iPad and it was absolutely fine. The final round was shown again in full at 6:00 to 12:00 this morning and is on again just now. There are also highlights available on demand, but not much use if your day membership has now expired. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@turpindick 

You do know that Sky has carried adverts for Live channels since its creation back in the olden days?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help