cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

moving to NOW from BT.

BE CAREFUL ABOUT MOVING TO THIS COMPANY

I decided to move to NOW as they offered a rolling contract; monthly; for personal reasons.

All went well until the change over day the 29th July; it never happened. No contact from NOW.

I waited until the2nd August when I was informed by a lady working from home that it would be 3 days before I could be UPDATED; not connected but updated.

3rd August. Enough is enough! I phoned again and was told there was an issue with my line, but that I would be UPDATED on the 9th August! 6 DAYS TIME.

I phoned back having found another number and told them in no uncertain terms that I was not prepared to wait for that long.

I asked many times to speak to a senior officer but was told no one is available. It was only when I told the operator to cancel my contract that I was handed over to someone who did sound as if he had more authority.

After a lot of manure he agreed to cancel.

I am now back with BT who have had problems getting my line from NOW.

I intend to take this matter further and claim compensation.

LET THE BUYER BEWARE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, so you were on an FTTP deal with BT.

Now only offer FTTC.

You’ve had a narrow escape 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What Broadband option were you/ are you on with BT?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

the top one, 150m etc wanted to save money, all i did was waste my time. now got a much better deal with BT. AND EXCELLENT SERVICE. a real person to talk over the problems. one that knows his business unlike NOW who are ignorant and clueless in my experience. as i said before. BEWARE OF THE COMPANY

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK, so you were on an FTTP deal with BT.

Now only offer FTTC.

You’ve had a narrow escape 😛

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Roy, I now know that, and am glad I told them to cancel but I am still having issues because of their incompetence.