Please I just need to cancel my membership

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kazvita 

Where did you take out the membership?

Was it the app or website?

If it was the app, then it will be tied with your App Store aka iTunes or Google Play.

If it was on the website then this should point you in the right direction.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Kazvita 

There’s no single button to cancel because there is no single thing to cancel.

Memberships, there are four, Cinema, Entertainment, Sports, Hayu, and additionally Boost. And different deals add a few more options.

Broadband, there is indeed only one broadband any one customer can have, but there are all sorts of situations to be resolved - early termination, end-of-contract termination, post-contract termination, non-contract (month to month) termination…..

It would have to be a hell of a button to cover all that 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
huldgbr
Advocate

I understand you Kazvita. I signed up for a free 7-day cinema membership and cancelled it straight away, with confirmed cancellation on-screen. Then I find I was charged the following month despite not using it after my 7 days. So I went to cancel it again, and found I had to confirm cancellation on about half a dozen screens (eventually getting the cancellation confirmation email). I find the cancellation process deliberately confuscated. This process would a nightmare for elderly persons trying to cancel.

NOW chat bot said no refund. Good job chat bot, thanks for you genuine care and compassion.

My custom is now on a course for elsewhere.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huldgbr 

To avoid the now bot, you must make sure to click ‘chat online’ within the green box. Hitting ‘get help quicker’ takes you to the bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help